As a precautionary measure, the following programs have been suspended until further notice:
- Adult Group Fitness classes at MCC Fitness,
- Member Basketball hours
- All WCBL classes,
- Seated meal service for older adults,
- ESOL and Citizenship Classes
Educational Alliance has been monitoring the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak in NYC and has been in regular contact with city, state, and federal agencies. At this point, all recommend “social distancing” as an important part of the effort to limit the spread of COVID-19. At Educational Alliance’s Manny Cantor Center, this means limiting the number of gatherings at the agency.
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our area, the safety and health of the MCC community is our top priority. Our staff and executive team are committed to adapting our programming and cleaning practices in ways that minimize the transmission of germs within our building, and to ensure sanitation procedures for our building are up-to-date and effective. Here is a rundown of our currently policies:
General Health + Safety
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please stay home, and keep children home from school and programs if anyone in your household is feeling sick. All children exhibiting symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, heavy nasal discharge, cough or fever of 100.3 or above must stay home until they are symptom free for 24 hours.
- Children exhibiting these symptoms in our programs will be sent home. We are grateful to you for responding quickly in these instances.
- If you, or your child is sick, please call your doctor and let them know your symptoms and travel history.
- Children who are absent from school for 3 consecutive days or more will need a cleared doctor’s note to return to school.Hand Washing
- Hand washing frequently prevents the transmission of germs. Make it a practice for yourself, and to model and reinforce with your children washing hands several times during the day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. All children and adults should wash their hands thoroughly upon entering MCC each day, before handling food, and after toileting or handling bodily fluids. Teachers will also work with children to wash hands throughout the day.
Cleaning and maintenance of MCC
Our Cleaning and Facilities teams are working hard to ensure our building is regularly cleaned and disinfected, including:
- Frequent wipe downs throughout the day of all hard surfaces and frequently touched items (i.e. door knobs, elevator buttons, etc).
- Deep cleaning each evening of all surfaces and all rooms
- Our cleaning team is currently using a combination of diluted bleach and solutions commonly used for doctor’s offices and clinics to sanitize the building.
- Please note that while we did add more hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our building, the most effective way to control the spread of germs is through diligent hand washing with soap and water.
We will continue to update our website as new information and guidance about coronavirus prevention and responses roll out. We will be following guidelines and recommendations from the Department of Health. Here are the most recent links to help you stay informed:
If you or member of your household is diagnosed with COVID-19 please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping to keep the MCC community healthy and safe.