Educational Alliance Art School
For more than a century, Educational Alliance Art School has been a platform of opportunity by which New Yorkers of all ages and backgrounds have pursued creative expression, skill acquisition, and arts appreciation. Seminal artists—including revolutionary American sculptors Chaim Gross and Louise Nevelson, as well as the great Abstract Expressionist painter Mark Rothko—have served as students and faculty here, and today, the Art School at Manny Cantor Center is one of New York City’s premier community art schools, with an expansive selection of classes and workshops to choose from.
Our classes feature personalized instruction in a small-group setting. We are committed to serving the greatest diversity of students, out of our belief that everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, or socio-economic status, should have the opportunity for self-expression and lifelong learning.
To learn more, contact us, call 646-395-4258 or sign up for our email list for the most up-to-date information about art school classes and events. Click here to sign up!
Our 2021/22 programs will run on the following schedule:
- Summer Term: Friday, July 9 – Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Fall Term: Monday, September 20 – Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Winter Term: Monday, January 10 – Tuesday, March 29, 2022
- Spring Term: Monday, April 1 – Monday, June 27, 2022
Thanks for encouraging me. Such a positive, creative environment.Ceramics Student
- I have loved Manny Cantor and my classes. My ceramics instructor is one of the best teachers I have ever had.She is undoubtedly gifted as a teacher. She is kind, patient, helpful, creative, explains and shows very clearly, always welcomes questions, and never gets irritated. I have loved learning from her.Ceramics Student
The art studio is truly my happy place.Painting Student
- The instructor was a fantastic teacher. He is clear, concise, funny, approachable, and very knowledgeable. I can't wait to take a class with him again.Art School Student
The most rewarding part is when my fellow students share their work. That inspiration is the value of the studio setting.Virtual Art School Student