Educational Alliance Art School
For more than a century, Educational Alliance Art School has been a platform of opportunity by which New Yorkers of all ages and backgrounds have pursued creative expression, skill acquisition, and arts appreciation. Seminal artists—including revolutionary American sculptors Chaim Gross and Louise Nevelson, as well as the great Abstract Expressionist painter Mark Rothko—have served as students and faculty here, and today, the Art School at Manny Cantor Center is one of New York City’s premier community art schools, with an expansive selection of classes and workshops to choose from.
Our classes feature personalized instruction in a small-group setting. We are committed to serving the greatest diversity of students, out of our belief that everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, or socio-economic status, should have the opportunity for self-expression and lifelong learning.
Our 2021/22 programs will run on the following schedule:
- Summer Term: Friday, July 9 – Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Fall Term: Monday, September 20 – Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Winter Term: Monday, January 10 – Tuesday, March 29, 2022
- Spring Term: Saturday, April 9 – Monday, June 27, 2022
Just simply having an open-minded, compassionate and understanding personality from an instructor is a great feeling for me attending classes. Thank you!Ceramics Student
Perfect course and teacher for every skill level. I was amazed at how much my abilities grew over the last 10 weeks.Ceramics Student
We looked forward to Sundays and thought about our project during the week. The class was just perfect! Everyone was met at their level and we were always encouraged!Ceramics Student
Thanks for encouraging me. Such a positive, creative environment.Ceramics Student
- I have loved Manny Cantor and my classes. My ceramics instructor is one of the best teachers I have ever had.She is undoubtedly gifted as a teacher. She is kind, patient, helpful, creative, explains and shows very clearly, always welcomes questions, and never gets irritated. I have loved learning from her.Ceramics Student