Manny Cantor Center Health and Safety
Welcome! We are pleased to have you at Manny Cantor Center! At MCC the health and safety of our community is our top priority. Members, guests, and staff may be asked to visit mannycantor.org/healthscreen before entering the building each day to complete a short health screening questionnaire. Paper questionnaires will also be available upon request.
If you are coming to MCC for Early Childhood or WCBL programming, please complete your health screening, and show your results to our Health and Safety Monitors before entering the building.
This page contains information about Manny Cantor Center’s program protocols for health and safety. Please review this page ahead of your visit. We will update this info as our policies are updated, so please check back regularly.
Educational Alliance Staff Policy
- Educational Alliance supports COVID-19 vaccination. All MCC employees, including teachers and fitness instructors, are fully vaccinated.
Sickness and Exclusion Policy for Manny Cantor Center
- If you have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the previous 24-hour period, you cannot enter Manny Cantor Center. You will not be able to enter the building with a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19, and you have visited Manny Cantor Center within 72 hours of becoming symptomatic or testing positive, please contact us immediately for contact tracing.
- Any community member, including staff and children, demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home and will be recommended to see a healthcare professional for assessment and testing. Children enrolled in Early Childhood @ MCC will require a doctor’s note before returning to school.
What Happens if a Member of our Community Tests Positive for COVID-19?
- Staff and members will be informed appropriately if a member of our community tests positive for COVID-19. A report will also be submitted to the NYC Department of Health. Individual outreach will be made to anyone who came into close contact with the infected person.
Lobby and Entry into Manny Cantor Center
- All adults and children age two and up will be required to wear a face-covering and observe social distancing (6 ft) while inside MCC’s public spaces. Children 2 and over will be encouraged to wear a mask.
- A member of the front desk team will manage flow into the lobby to prevent overcrowding. This may require lining up outside the building.
- All guests and staff are expected to comply with current C.D.C. policy regarding travel for both international and domestic trips here. If NY State or NYC provides additional guidance, guests and staff will be required to obey these policies as well.
- In order to limit traffic in our building, Educational Alliance’s administrative offices remain closed to unscheduled visitors. Please email email@example.com to reach those teams.
Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adults must observe 6 ft. of distance from each other in public areas such as our lobby, elevators, restrooms, and hallways.
- Face coverings must be properly worn by adults and children over age two in all areas of Manny Cantor Center and at all times, except in the Fitness Center. This means covering the nose and mouth completely. All adults and children age 5 and up will be required to wear a face-covering and observe social distancing (6 ft) while inside MCC.
- Please bring your own mask.
- Please utilize a mask that does not have vents. Please also note that bandanas, gaiters, shields, and buffs are not considered masks.
Cleaning Procedures for Manny Cantor Center
- We will be cleaning shared spaces between uses and have increased cleaning and disinfection of “high touch” surfaces throughout the day (door handles, railings, elevator buttons, restrooms, etc.)
- Hand-sanitizing stations are present in the lobby and other high-foot traffic areas throughout the building.
- Air conditioning units and HVAC systems have been adjusted to use higher-rated air filters and to cycle in more fresh air throughout the day.
- Staff will clean high-touch materials and surfaces throughout the day using bleach/soap solutions provided by MCC.
Additional Procedures for Educational Alliance Art School
- All Art School students over 5 years of age must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to use art studio facilities.
- Mask usage will be required the entire time students are in the building, including during time in the studios.
- Only one student at a workstation at a time.
- Students are required to provide their own tools, brushes, aprons, etc.
Additional Procedures for MCC Fitness
- Registration is still required for group ex classes, and for tours and visits from guests. For detailed instructions on making your reservation, click here.
- Mask usage is required for all public areas in the building including the lobby, elevators, and hallways. Fitness members may remove their masks only when they reach the fitness center or basketball court.
- Members must wipe down equipment after each use. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our community safe.
- Members will now be required to check out as they exit the 5th floor for contact tracing purposes.
- All members and visitors over five years of age must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to use indoor fitness facilities.
Additional Procedures for Early Childhood @ MCC
- Materials that cannot be easily sanitized – such as soft toys, puppets, scarves, dramatic play fabric, pillows – will not be used in classrooms at this time. Rugs will be cleaned regularly.
- Sensory materials such as clay, play-dough, sand etc. can be used by individual children without sharing (eg. in individual sensory tubs that belong to a single child).
- Children under 2 years old should not wear face coverings at any time.
- Children over 2 years old who are medically able should wear masks to enter the building and at all times except when they are eating or sleeping.
- Children over 2 years old who are medically able are encouraged to appropriately wear masks in the classroom. Mask wearing should be positively reinforced.
Additional Procedures for WCBL
- All staff, members, and guests will wear face coverings in indoor and outdoor programming unless they are medically unable to tolerate masking.
- Members should maintain physical distancing at all times regardless of vaccination status and location.
- All programs, appointments, and events require preregistration in order to maintain a reduced capacity. Please contact us @ WCBL@mannycantor.org to make an appointment with a counselor or reserve a spot in a class, event, or program.
Procedures for Volunteers
- All in-person volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof will be required either in advance of your first shift or when you arrive.