Manny Cantor Center Health and Safety
Welcome! We are pleased to have you at Manny Cantor Center! As MCC continues unpausing our programs, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. All members, guests, and staff will be asked to visit mannycantor.org/healthscreen before entering the building each day to complete a short health screening questionnaire. Paper questionnaires will also be available upon request.
Please complete your health screening, and show your results to our Health and Safety Monitors before entering the building.
This page contains information about Manny Cantor Center’s program protocols for health and safety. Please review this page ahead of your visit. We will update this info as additional programs resume in-person services, so please check back regularly.
Sickness and Exclusion Policy for Manny Cantor Center
- If you have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the previous 24-hour period, you cannot enter Manny Cantor Center.
- Any community member, including staff and children, demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home and will be recommended to see a healthcare professional for assessment and testing. Children enrolled in Early Childhood @ MCC will require a doctor’s note before returning to school.
What Happens if a Member of our Community Tests Positive for COVID-19?
- Staff and members will be informed appropriately if a member of our community tests positive for COVID-19. A report will also be submitted to the NYC Department of Health. Individual outreach will be made to anyone who came into close contact with the infected person.
Lobby and Entry into Manny Cantor Center
- All adults and children age 5 and up will be required to wear a face-covering and observe social distancing (6 ft) while inside MCC. Children 2 and over will be encouraged to wear a mask.
- A member of the front desk team will manage flow into the lobby to prevent overcrowding. This may require lining up outside the building.
- Please complete a brief health survey online before arrival. Click here for the Manny Cantor Center: Guest COVID-19 Self Screening Questionnaire. Upon arrival, everyone will either show their phone with the screening questionnaire result or fill out a paper form version of this symptom screening and complete a temperature check.
- Floor markers and signage will indicate which doors are available for entry and exit, how to travel inside the building, and how to observe social distancing.
- In order to limit traffic in our building, Educational Alliance’s administrative offices remain closed to unscheduled visitors. Please email email@example.com to reach those teams.
Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adults must observe 6 ft. of distance from each other.
- Face coverings must be properly worn by adults in the building at all times. This means covering the nose and mouth completely. All adults and children age 5 and up will be required to wear a face-covering and observe social distancing (6 ft) while inside MCC. Children over 2 years old will be encouraged to wear face coverings. Coverings should be cleaned or replaced regularly.
- Please bring your own mask.
- Please utilize a mask that does not have vents. Please also note that bandannas, gaiters, shields, and buffs are not considered masks by New York City Guidelines.
- Occupancy for all spaces is kept under 50% of maximum capacity.
Cleaning Procedures for Manny Cantor Center
- We will be cleaning shared spaces between uses and have increased cleaning and disinfection of “high touch” surfaces throughout the day (door handles, railings, elevator buttons, restrooms, etc.)
- Hand-sanitizing stations are present in the lobby and other high-foot traffic areas throughout the building.
- Deep cleaning of each classroom, studio, and fitness center spaces will take place each night, including “fogging” with EPA-registered disinfectants that are known to kill viruses while reducing environmental impact.
- Air conditioning units and HVAC systems have been adjusted to use higher-rated air filters and to cycle in more fresh air throughout the day.
- Staff will clean materials and surfaces throughout the day using bleach/soap solutions provided by MCC.
Additional Procedures for Educational Alliance Art School
- Mask usage will be required the entire time students are in the building, including during time in the studios.
- Students will wash their hands with soap and water when they arrive in the studio.
- Only one student at a workstation at a time.
- Students are required to provide their own tools, brushes, aprons, etc.
- Students in ceramics will wear gloves while at the glaze station and sanitize stirring spoons and tongs after use.
- Students will sanitize their workstations and any shared surfaces with appropriate cleaners provided by EA Art School after their work is completed.
Additional Procedures for MCC Fitness
- As of July 1st, 2021, reservations are no longer required for members working out in the 5th floor fitness center. We are limiting the capacity of the fitness center to 30 members, and four staff members.
- Registration is still required for basketball and classes, and for tours and visits from guests. For detailed instructions on making your reservation, click here.
- Members should use the stairs to the 5th floor and back to the lobby if they are able. One person or same-household party is permitted in the elevator at a time.
- Members who volunteer proof of vaccination may remove their masks in the 5th-floor Fitness Center only. Mask usage will be required for all other areas in the building and during indoor group classes and basketball.
- Machines in the Fitness Center will be marked and spaced appropriately for social distancing.
- Limited Personal Training is operating by appointment and at limited capacity.
- Members must wipe down equipment after each use. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our community safe.
- Members will now be required to check out as they exit the 5th floor for contact tracing purposes.
Additional Procedures for Early Childhood @ MCC
- Shared spaces will be cleaned between uses by a member of our facilities team.
- Materials that cannot be easily sanitized – such as soft toys, puppets, scarves, dramatic play fabric, pillows – will not be used in classrooms at this time. Rugs will be cleaned regularly.
- Sensory materials such as clay, play-dough, sand etc. can be used by individual children without sharing (eg. in individual sensory tubs that belong to a single child).
- Children under 2 years old should not wear face coverings at any time.
- Children over 2 years old who are medically able should wear masks to enter the building and whenever they are outside, including trips to the park and neighborhood walks.
- Children over 2 years old who are medically able are encouraged to appropriately wear masks in the classroom. Mask wearing should be positively reinforced and in no way should be forced or required. Children will not be required to wear a mask while receiving services such as speech therapy or play therapy.
Edgies Teen Center, Weinberg Center for Balanced Living, Educational Alliance’s 2Gen @ MCC, and Changemakers programs will remain virtual at this time. Please check back for updates.