Manny Cantor Center Health and Safety
Welcome! We are pleased to have you at Manny Cantor Center (MCC). At MCC the health and safety of our community is our top priority.
If you are coming to MCC for Early Childhood @ MCC programs, please complete your health screening at mannycantor.org/healthscreen and show your results to our Health and Safety Monitors before entering the building.
This page contains information about Manny Cantor Center’s program protocols for health and safety. Please review this page ahead of your visit. We will update this info as our policies are updated, so please check back regularly.
Educational Alliance Staff Policy
- Educational Alliance supports COVID-19 vaccination. All MCC employees, including teachers and fitness instructors, are fully vaccinated.
Sickness and Exclusion Policy for Manny Cantor Center
- If you have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the previous 72-hour period, you cannot enter Manny Cantor Center. You will not be able to enter the building with a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19, and you have visited Manny Cantor Center within 48 hours of becoming symptomatic or testing positive, please contact us immediately for contact tracing.
- Any community member, including staff and children, demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home and will be recommended to see a healthcare professional for assessment and testing. Children enrolled in Early Childhood @ MCC will require a doctor’s note before returning to school.
What Happens if a Member of our Community Tests Positive for COVID-19?
- Staff and members will be informed appropriately if a member of our community tests positive for COVID-19. A report will also be submitted to the NYC Department of Health when required. Individual outreach will be made to anyone who came into close contact with the infected person.
Lobby and Entry into Manny Cantor Center
- All adults and children aged two and up are encouraged to wear a face-covering and observe social distancing (6 ft) while inside MCC’s public spaces.
- A member of the front desk team will manage flow into the lobby to prevent overcrowding. This may require lining up outside the building.
- All guests and staff are encouraged to comply with current C.D.C. policies regarding travel for both international and domestic trips here. If NY State or NYC provides additional guidance, guests and staff will be required to obey these policies as well.
- In order to limit traffic in our building, Educational Alliance’s administrative offices remain closed to unscheduled visitors. Please email [email protected] to reach those teams.
Cleaning Procedures for Manny Cantor Center
- We will be cleaning shared spaces between uses and have increased cleaning and disinfection of “high touch” surfaces throughout the day (door handles, railings, elevator buttons, restrooms, etc.)
- Hand-sanitizing stations are present in the lobby and other high-foot-traffic areas throughout the building.
- Air conditioning units and HVAC systems have been adjusted to use higher-rated air filters and to cycle in more fresh air throughout the day.
Additional Procedures for Educational Alliance Art School
- All Art School students must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to use art studio facilities.
- Mask usage will be required the entire time students, staff and guests are in the art school studios.
Additional Procedures for MCC Fitness
- Registration is required for tours and visits from guests. Please call us at (646) 395-4285 to set up your appointment.
- Members must wipe down equipment after each use. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our community safe.
- Members are required to check in and out as they enter and exit the 5th floor for contact tracing purposes.
Additional Procedures for Early Childhood @ MCC
- Visitors, members, service providers and guests entering our Early Childhood floors should fill out a health screening questionnaire before visiting MCC. Visit mannycantor.org/healthscreen or fill in your screening in our lobby.
- Materials that cannot be easily sanitized – such as soft toys, puppets, scarves, dramatic play fabric, and pillows – will not be used in classrooms at this time. Rugs will be cleaned regularly.
- Children under 2 years old should not wear face coverings at any time.
- Children over 2 years old who are medically able are encouraged to appropriately wear masks in the classroom. Mask-wearing should be positively reinforced.
Additional Procedures for WCBL
- Members should maintain physical distancing at all times regardless of vaccination status and location.
- All programs, appointments, and events require preregistration in order to maintain a reduced capacity. Please contact us @ [email protected] to make an appointment with a counselor or reserve a spot in a class, event, or program.
Procedures for Volunteers
- All in-person volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof will be required either in advance of your first shift or when you arrive.
- Volunteers should follow all health and safety protocols in the program where they are stationed.
Thank you for keeping our community safe.