Department: Manny Cantor Center (90)
Non-Union Full Time / Non-exempt
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm
Provide a warm, welcoming presence to all who enter Manny Cantor Center. Help customers by answering questions, connecting them with the appropriate department/staff member, and providing excellent customer service/support.
Scope of Influence:
The Member Services Manager will act as a receptionist and customer service representative for all Manny Cantor Center Programs, EA offices, and will be a key member of the marketing and communications team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Membership Services (60 %)
- Provide a warm, welcoming presence to all who enter Manny Cantor Center, develop rapport and engage positively with customers and community members.
- Be present, professional and visible at lobby service desk. Answers phones and responds to questions from callers, visitors and members.
- Maintain thorough understanding and up-to-date knowledge of all programs, departments, functions and offerings at Manny Cantor Center and support prospective members / clients in selecting and purchasing memberships, classes and other program offerings.
- Respond to inquiries/concerns/complaints in a timely, courteous manner, with sincere attention to members and guests. Follow through and ensure management is aware of any ongoing issues or concerns.
- Process membership sales, art class registrations, and other transactions when needed and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Accept, screen, route telephone calls and take messages.
- Leads Fitness Center or Art School Tours for prospective members and students as needed. Provides information and referrals to early childhood programs and signs prospective families up for tours as needed via our website.
- Stay abreast of all Manny Cantor Center programs, events, and offerings via daily schedule. Be knowledgeable about overall EA programs and be able to refer customer and guests to community resources when appropriate.
- Maintains, inventories, and checks posters, and restocks building collateral resources on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains lobby order and cleanliness.
Special Projects and Sales (25%)
- Work with rentals to perform customer walk-through to help sell rental time.
- Completes follow up procedures with prospective members including follow up communications and documenting results in sales log.
- Perform membership and service related administrative and creative tasks.
- Assists with creating social media content and documenting events and programs at MCC.
- Manages Executive Director’s calendar of appointments and checks/covers building daily schedule.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs regular facility walk-throughs to identify cleanliness or safety concerns in public spaces, and update signage, collateral and notices.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in English, with conversational proficiency in Mandarin.
- 2-3 years experience in customer service, hospitality, or administrative services.
- Customer service experience or service industry experience.
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and perform excellent follow-ups.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and vibrant community setting.
- Kindness, discretion, and adaptability necessary.
The Educational Alliance Inc.
New York, NY