NYC Citizenship Classes // We The People Initiative
Educational Alliance’s Manny Cantor Center offers free family support, education, and other community services for children, teens, and adults of all ages and backgrounds. See below for a list of community resources at Manny Cantor Center, at our Educational Alliance sister sites, in the Lower East Side, and beyond. And tell us in the comments: what other resources, programming and help can we offer in anxious times?
Learn about Educational Alliance’s opens in a new window“We the People” Initiative.
Community Resources @ Manny Cantor Center
Read a Message to Immigrant New Yorkers from Mayor de Blasio and Speaker Mark-Viverito opens in a new windowhere.
Get Community Help at Manny Cantor Center:
- opens in a new windowParenting Support
New Parents Group, Breastfeeding Support, Newborn Care and other free classes at our Parenting Center. Call (646) 395-4251.
- Job Support
One-on-One Counseling, Resume Help, Computer Lab and other job support services at our Educational Alliance Job Services. Call (646) 395-4260.
- Teen Support
Mentoring, College Preparation, Recreational Activities and other services at our Teen Center. Call (646) 395-4295.
- opens in a new windowESL/GED Classes
Tuition free ESL & high school equivalency (GED) classes at Manny Cantor Center’s new sister site: Educational Alliance’s Center for Recovery & Wellness. Call (646) 395-4384.
- opens in a new windowBenefits Enrollment
Medicaid, Medical Services Plan, Nutrition Assistance, Housing Rent & Heating Bill Assistance at Weinberg Center. Call (646) 395-4270.
- opens in a new windowSocial Services
Long-term care planning, Crisis Intervention, Supportive Counseling at Weinberg Center. Call (646) 395-4270.
- opens in a new windowMeals & Activities
Breakfast & Lunch, Stress Management Workshops, Exercise Classes and other activities. Call (646) 395-4270.
Get Community Help the Lower East Side
Free Mental Health Services, Benefits Screening, and Legal & Financial Services available at:
Get Immigration Help in the Lower East Side, New York City, and Nation-Wide
- opens in a new windowCabrini Immigrant Services of NYC
139 Henry Street, New York, NY 10002 | Immigration-Related legal and other services for immigrants, refugees, asylees, and their families.
- opens in a new windowGuide to Immigration & Citizenship Resources in NYC
- opens in a new windowLegal Aid Society: Immigration Concerns Under President Trump
- opens in a new windowImmigrant Legal Resource Center Guide To What Immigrants Can Do Now
- opens in a new windowACLU Know Your Rights Guide
- opens in a new windowMayor de Blasio and Speaker Mark-Viverito’s Message to Immigrant New Yorkers
- opens in a new windowMental Health Support Hotline
Call or text NYC-Well or text WELL to 65173, if you or your loved one is feeling anxious about the future. Free & confidential.
- opens in a new windowTrauma, Social Media & Self Care
Tips to balance social media usage and self-care.
Get Involved: How You Can Help
- opens in a new windowYes, I’ll Walk My Neighbor NYC
Sign Up To accompany neighbors on their commute in light of recent harassment spikes.
- Yes, I’ll Lend A Hand
Volunteer at Manny Cantor Center to translate materials into English and Spanish, teacher computer class, serve lunch to older adults in the community and more.
What To Do If…
- opens in a new windowYou witness harassment
- opens in a new windowYou witness every-day bigotry
- opens in a new windowYou experience Islamophobic harassment
- opens in a new windowYour students ask about the post-election environment
- opens in a new windowPractical ways to get involved